The first holy communion is considered to be the most sacred and holiest occasion for people who follow the Catholic faith. It is celebrated when a child receives the Eucharist, better known as the holy communion for the first time. it is as special as celebrating their first birthday so this auspicious day calls for celebration.so know about How to organize a communion?
Planning the first Holy Communion party can be very stressful after all its your kids first. The first communion party needn’t be a big one but it needs to be perfect so that they remember their first communion dearly and have faith in god. Also choosing the first communion gift can be very cumbersome. These gifts must be thoughtful items that would boost their faith in god. We at surprise cart have the perfect ideas and gifts to make this special day even more special.
Places to celebrate first communion
- if you want to keep it intimate and small then celebration in your house will be fine. You can decorate your garden and organize a party there.
- you can also celebrate it in restaurants or rent a place in case if you want a big celebration. you can make it a theme party.
First communion party décor ideas
First communion party decoration includes spiritual, children friendly or simple. If you are highly religious person then spiritual decorations are suggested. Some of the décor ideas are as follows;
- angel’s wings: decorating your little angel’s first communion in a heavenly theme is a perfect idea. White and golden colors will suit the purpose. Angels themed cakes are also a good addition.
- Floral everywhere: simple spring flowers placed in between the table gives it a beautiful look. Decorate the place with flower pots with bright colors. additionally, a small gold cross at the center would be lovely.
- Color of choice: make it child friendly by using your child’s favorite color scheme. Decorate using polka dots and confetti.
- Grapes on the vine: decorate with grapes on the vine. Use a golden vase with overflowing faux grapes as the centerpiece. Use a fruit charcuterie tarry and purple topped cupcakes to add more beauty.
- Wheaty candles: use candles with several stalks of wheat tied with gold or silver ribbons would be amazing décor items.
- Rustic remembrance: the name of your little ones can be carved out of a rustic piece of wood and placed over boxwood. decorating it with a wreath of eucalyptus adds extra beauty.
- Focus on the cross: a single baptism candle or a stamped image of a cross gives a wonderful religious vibe in addition to being a wonderful centerpiece item.
Invitation ideas for first communion party
Here are few trending first communion invitations:
- simple cross invitation: a gold foiled cross fixed in a gilded frame with stylized font would be a simple and elegant idea and would also give enough space to include other ceremony and party details.
- Creative cross invitations: cross wrapped in designs of gorgeous ivy gives it a gorgeous look. Adding glitter invitation liner further enhances the beauty.
- Vintage invitations: for giving it a vintage look, a deckled edge invitation is ideal. The frame and the foil cross adds more to the theme. The invitations can be further decorated in bronze, silver or rose gold color to add more vintage look
- Arched branched invitations: an arched branched invitation with stylized text is a subtle design to announce your child’s first communion.
- Pastel peonies invitation: if you are inviting a lot of kids then watercolor peonies falling from the top of the invitation is a wonderful option. customized with stylized cursive and spring floral will give it a contemporary look.
First communion cake ideas and decorations
After selecting decorations and invitation ideas , the next important thing to be considered is decide the cake after all a party is incomplete without a cake. Be it a traditional or modern cake, the cake toppers and designs gives it a modest look . here are some wonderful First Communion food ideas:
Also Read- 24 Gift Ideas For Kids Birthday Celebration
- Ice cream cake – who doesn’t loves ice cream cakes ? ice cream cakes are especially popular among kids.serve the ice cream cake with other treats like cookies pastries.
- Cupcake cross- arrange the cakes in the shape of a cross or rosary. Adorn it with colourful toppings to give it a children friendly look.
- White cheese cakes – cheese cakes are loved by both adults and children so it is a wonderful option. A white cheese cake with a golden cross at the centre looks ravishing one. Decorate it with white flowers or strawberries dipped in white chocolate.
- Oreo pops: kids loves oreos. Using oreo in the cake is an amazing idea. oreo cookies covered in chocolate and dipped in vanilla cake pop is indeed a very delicious idea.adorn the cookies with gold or silver frosting making a simple cross or the childs name.
Best Surprise gifts for the little ones to celebrate the First Communion:
You think all the planning is almost complete but the most difficult part is yet to come, yes , gifts. Deciding what to gift is very tricky. Our wide collections of First communion gifts is going to help you out :
- First holy communion gift set for boys: this deluxe box gift set contains a mass book,scapular, a rosary, lapel pin, a bookmark,holy card and candles. A perfect keepsake gift for the new communicants.
- First holy communion gift set for girls: this gift box comprises of 1 decorated missal, 1 rosary and a scapular all packed in a white purse decorated with flowers.
- First communion candle sets : this set comes with a communion candle, a Bible , a rosary and a figurine of the Virgin Mary and a communion handkerchief for girls or a communion band for boys.
- Black stretch bracelet with silver cross charm: bracelets adorned with white beads and a silver charm are excellent surprise gifting options to be considered.
- Cross pendant necklace: a cross pendant necklace is a perfect gift for baby girls. A religious pendant featuring sacred heart, St.Joseph, St.Christopher and the Miraculous medal images gives it a religious look.
- Keepsake trinklet boxes: decorative trinket boxes made of wood looks fascinating. Religious signs and symbols imprinted on it gives it a rather intimidating look. Boxes made up of resin stone material are also ravishing.
- First communion book rosary and accessory set : a set comprising of a prayer book , including rosary box, black glass rosary with chalice center and communion lapel pin is also an amazing gifting idea.
- Holy Communion music box: a music box featuring a small figurine of a boy or girl which plays holy songs. This adorable figurine is wonderful gifting ideas for kids.
- White satin tie for boys: a white colored adjustable dress tie would be an elegant and decent gift for baby boys.
- Holy Wall Cross- finally what’s better than a hand carved Holy Wall Cross for First Communion. A beautiful cross carved out of wood is the perfect gift for First Communion to boost their faith in god and to make them understand what it means to be in the lords table. A Communion gift that will be treasured for many years